Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Article on standing up for being bullied

I found this on my Facebook and I thought that I should share it with all of you.

8-Year-Old Boy Stands Up For Bullied Twin Sister In Early Letter To Santa

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 4.34.46 PM

Karen Suffern is a hardworking single mom. With only a part-time job, it can be a struggle to keep her family afloat, so she asked her two children, 8-year-old twins Amber and Kyle, to write an early letter to Santa.

It was only September at the time, but she wanted to get a head start on saving up for presents. Karen expected to get two lists of books and toys but it was what Kyle wrote about his sister that left her in tears.

Advertisement

“Ryan handed me his and told me not to read it so of course I read it to find out what he wanted,” Karen told ABCNews.com. “That’s when I realized and thought, ‘Oh, my gosh.’ “

Here is a bit of what Ryan wrote:

“Dear Santa … I wanted a [remote control] car and helicopter, but I don’t want that anymore. Kids at school are still picking on Amber and it’s not fair because she doesn’t do anything to them. I prayed that they will stop but god is busy and needs your help. Is it against the rules to give gifts early?”

Ryan says he wishes people would pick on him instead of his sister. Karen was heartbroken. When she was a kid, she experienced similar bullying and knows the pain that it can cause.

“I asked the kids if they had ever bullied anyone or been bullied and Amber said, ‘Sometimes I just wish I would die so that people would leave me alone,’ ” Karen tearfully recalled.

After the letter cleared the air, Ryan promised to protect Amber. Karen notified the school and teachers seem to be making efforts to stop the bullying.

But there is still one big surprise you’ll have to see in the video below.

Advertisement

Please SHARE if you find Ryan’s bond with his twin sister admirable and beautiful!

VIEW 10 COMMENTS
More Amazing LittleThings Stories:

No comments:

Post a Comment